Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Book Review

When I’m not teaching, grading assignments or advising students my remaining time focuses on reading new textbooks. Emergency management and homeland security are still fairly new fields so staying current on changes is a must for any faculty member in this field. Community colleges, unlike universities, don’t pursue research projects but the faculty are still expected to contribute the body of work for their particular field. Over the summer I was approached byClaire B. Rubin of the Journal for Homeland Security and Emergency Management to review a Shock Doctrine, the Rise of Disaster Capitalism by Naomi Kline. My review was accepted and is now available on-line here. I’m hoping to have another title reviewed for the journal in another few weeks

No comments: